Pros and Cons of XSplit – As you well know, to be able to stream you will not only need a good Internet connection. You will need software that allows you to broadcast live , a program that converts your video format into one optimized for streaming.
In this post we are going to talk about XSplit and see in detail the pros and cons of this streaming software.
From the outset, the names of OBS and XSplit will surely ring a bell. This is because they are the best known software and also the best valued.
In this other post we talk in detail about OBS, and you will be able to know which is the most suitable for you: OBS Studio or Streamlabs OBS.
Therefore, here we are going to get to know its most direct competitor, the other most popular program among streamers: XSplit.
XSplit differs between XSplit Broadcaster and XSplit Gamecaster : while the former is designed for more advanced and professional streamers, the latter is more focused on gamers. However, the features of both software are similar and here we are going to share the highlights.
Pros and Cons of XSplit
Advantages of Xplit
- Intuitive interface: XSplit earns a lot of performance points for its ease of use. If you are a novice streamer, the XSplit is an ideal choice for you thanks to its clean design and its intuitive and simplified use of features.
- For example, there are fewer steps involved in each process, or one standout feature is drag-and-drop of multiple media files directly into the mixer, allowing you to resize windows and customize webcam videos.
- Higher performance and quality: What streamers value most when using XSplit is its performance. Even in the free version there are no lags or frozen screens. They didn’t have it like this before, but finally XSplit offers streaming and recording at 4K60fps and higher.
- Audio/Video Quality: Another standout feature of the program compared to OBS is its options for local recording, including x264 and x265 video codecs. This makes it easy to upload videos on YouTube because it allows you to optimize the audio and video.
- Several advanced features: XSplit offers a lot of features that will help you improve the quality of your streams and videos. For example, you can include powerful recruitment tools such as YouTube Super Chat, Twitch Cheer Alterts, Facebook and Twitch Chat, YouTube Chat widgets, etc.
- It also has other outstanding features such as express video editing to upload them directly to YouTube, the Chroma Key to remove backgrounds, the option to stream simultaneously on different platforms or even be able to draw directly in the game using the built-in annotation function.
- Technical support: XSplit boasts technical support available to its users 24/7 and has tutorials and training so you can get the most out of the software. For us, it is important to be able to contact “the big ones” when you have a problem.
Disadvantages of Xplit Broadcaster
- It is paid: despite having a free version (somewhat limited), XSplit is paid. Its features and advanced performance justify it, and to begin with it is a software that we recommend, but if we compare it with the other more popular one, OBS, it is something that XSplit has to lose.
- Less design customization: Compared to OBS, which is open source and allows the installation of thousands of plugins, XSplit is more limited in this regard. Some very simple features like adding text, for example, are no longer included in the free version.
- It is not compatible with Mac or Linux : at the moment, only Windows.
We hope we have helped you decide with this post on the pros and cons of XSplit Broadcaster if it is the right software for you.